Sunday, February 15, 2009

Wedding gift wallhanging


I'm going to try to be more consistant and try to blog at least 3 or 4 times a week. I'll sometimes talk about some of my old projects and try to keep posting about current projects that I'm working on. Here is a picture of a gift that I made for my nephew and his bride a couple years ago. It was included in the premier issue of Machine Quilting Unlimited, which was quite an honor. The wallhanging was about 30' x 42' and was my own original design . It was made out of charmeuse satin in ivory and beige that was appliqued and then heavily quilted using a double layer of batting to give the trapunto affect. I quilted it by machine on my domestic Pfaff. I was pleased with the finished result. and the couple were very happy with it.
I love coming up with my own designs. I either sketch them out on paper or use my Electic Quilt computer design program, which is wonderful.

1 comment:

wc0827 said...

你好,欢迎访问我的博客!!