Monday, February 16, 2009

Brazillian Dimensional Embroidery Project


I said that I'd fill you in on all of my current projects, so here is project #2. This one is a Brazillian Dimensional Embroidery item. This lovely work is done using the beautiful rayon thread by Edmar. This thread comes in different weights and textures and has a fantastic sheen. It has a Z twist to it, whereas most threads are made with an S twist, which means you have to stitch with it a little differently. I've only done a couple actual BDE projects before. I'll post a picture of my very first BDE class project that I did while taking a class from Rita Goff last summer a the CQ retreat in Omaha.

3 comments:

Quayceetatter said...

Your work is beautiful!

Unknown said...

that's wonderful !

Lakshmi said...

Both the BDE circles are beautiful..