Tuesday, February 24, 2009


More on my Brazilian Dimensional Embroidery project -

Well, I have learned one thing for sure . . . .you shouldn't read needlework directions at 2AM. The directions for making the Knotted Lazy Daisy and the Geron Daisy are on the same page with one right above the other one. Now, just HOW I read the directions on the bottom of the page for the flower on the top of the page will probably always remain a mystery.....maybe my eyes were just tired and they kept dropping lower. Anyway, somehow, I used the thread for the Geron Daisy to make my Knotted Lazy Daisy. The ironic thing is that I could see that the picture of the project showed a thread that was way more orange / peachy than the thread that I had. I even checked it by another skein of the same number to make sure. . . . but I also checked it by the wrong number, so that didn't help. Soooooo, my flowers will have switched colors than the original sample, but it's not that much of a problem, since they're both daisies. The most important thing is the stitching, anyway, right? I think the knotted lazy daisy stitches came out pretty well. I'm posting a picture of the finished Knotted Lazy Daisy flower. I'll post the next flower tomorrow.

No comments: