Monday, February 16, 2009

New BDE Project




I've used some of the BDE techniques on crazy quilt projects, but have wanted to learn more by doing more actual BDE projects. Luckily, for me and others, Rita Goff has agreed to mentor a group of us. We're from all over the country, so this will be an on-line gathering of willing and eager students. Rita has started a separate Yahoo group....Circle of Flowers, for all of us to interact. The pattern that we're doing is called Circle of Flowers.....a design by Maria Freitas for Edmar Designs. I'm posting a picture of the finished kit as shown on the JDR website, where it is available for purchase (as well as from other BDE vendors). I've done the greenery, so far, on my own Circle of Flowers project, so I'm going to post a picture showing that much done.
I'll post each addition as I do it. We're planning starting a new flower each week.

Hope you enjoy going down this new pathway with me.......no actual flowers to smell along the way, but hopefully some pretty ones to see!

No comments: