Saturday, May 30, 2009

Another vintage quilt - eye candy
















Well, I'm still hobbling around with this broken ankle......which is mending well, but taking way too long for someone who likes to be active. I've been able to put weight on it while in the boot cast, which has made it a little easier getting around without using the crutches for everything. It has given me an sincere appreciation for the mobility that I normally have, though, and a true respect for those that endure this restriction of mobility on a normal day to day basis due to accidents or illness. I haven't started any new projects or even worked on my crazy quilt as it involves finding just the "right" addition or floss, which involves going up and down steps to my sewing room. So, other than work on embroidering my grandchildren's names on pillowcases that I've made them for their birthdays, I haven't been too creative. I'm going to attach a picture of the three last ones that I've done. I try to embroider each one differently. Temper's doesn't show well in the picture, but is fine in person. Working on a print was more difficult....I probably should have just satin stitched it, but she'll love it either way. I thought that you might enjoy seeing something more creative, too, so I'm including more vintage crazy quilt "eye candy" from those that I own. I hope you enjoy them.

No comments: